Thread: Zink Power Maximus - Yea or Nea?

Question Zink Power Maximus - Yea or Nea?

Any of you who have tested this call or own one, fill me in on some stuff. I just bought it and haven't gotten a chance to blow it yet but I want to know some stuff before I do. Is it worth the $25 or not in your opinion.

Thanks,
    HR
    Craig Boyd
    Avery Youth Field Staff
    Midwest Migrators Pro Staff

yea i tryed it at wal mart, i say spend 5$ more and get a gozilla, sounds so so much better! (have you looked at um?) i heard a maximus that was tuned and it sounded alright but i would 4sure go with the gozilla, i almost bought that call until sombody got me a gozilla, now im glad i didnt buy the maximus!(i like the way they look though)
    ''Conservation Law/Wildlife Biologist Student''

Mod. of Youth and Fishing FowlerHowler's Avatar

The QuackHead Goozilla is by far the best goose call you can get for 25 chucks. I want one myself. I am ridin chill with the Magnum Clucker right now and its not quite as good of a call for the money but still a good one.

FH
    Stillwater Hunting Club

I haven't tried the goozilla but I did try the double reed duck call by Quackhead. I didn't really like it so I took it back. My dad has one of these Maximus's and he sounds pretty good on it. So I think I will try it out a few times first. I am going on a goose hunt this Saturday and maybe it will do good.
    Craig Boyd
    Avery Youth Field Staff
    Midwest Migrators Pro Staff

The acrylic version is a very good call. It is my favorite hunting call, well, that and the LM-1 of the Zink line. In the polycarb, I had to retune my PM-1 as it has a lot quicker guts in it then what I am used to. It is very fast and very good on the low end. I just like the acrylics better.

I'm not a fan of the Zink polycarbs. I like the high end zink calls because he uses his good guts in them. I have no idea why Zink would put the garbage guts into his polycarbs...probably so people would keep buying the high ends. If you put the real guts in the polycarb they're a good call.

They don't sound to good...to me not to be mean or anything...I go towards TG calls and RNT

I've had a Zink Power clucker and I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm with everyone else....go with Goosezilla or RNT....either one you will be happy!

Another good goose call is a custom made one.....Gander Valley. I love Marks calls....I think they are the goosiest call I've heard.....if you're interested pm me and I'll give you more information.
    Nothin' like sittin' in a blind and waitin for the three best words in a waterfowlers vocab.........Lets Take EM'!

Save a duck....kill a skybuster!

Thread Information